Is your pet taking a holiday or relocating overseas?
At first glance, travelling overseas with a pet can seem like a daunting task. If you plan to travel overseas with your pet, our team of experienced vet are on-hand to support you through the entire process.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for your pet’s international travel
1. Check the destination country’s requirements: Each country has its own requirements for importing pets, including vaccination requirements, health certificates, and quarantine periods. It is important to check the specific requirements of the country you are traveling to and ensure that you have met all of the necessary criteria.
2. Consult with us: Our team can provide important advice and guidance on the specific health requirements for your pet’s international travel. We can also provide vaccinations, health certificates, and any other necessary documentation.
3. Choose a pet-friendly airline: Not all airlines allow pets on board, and some have strict requirements for pet travel. Make sure you choose a pet-friendly airline and read their guidelines carefully before you book your flight.
4. Prepare for the journey: International travel can be stressful for pets, so it is important to take steps to make the journey as comfortable as possible. This may include providing a comfortable carrier, providing familiar toys and bedding, and ensuring that your pet has access to food, water, and bathroom breaks. In some instances, we may also provide additional medication to make sure that your pet is well-prepared for any situations that may arise.
5. Consider quarantine requirements: Some countries require pets to be quarantined upon arrival. Make sure you understand the quarantine requirements of your destination country and plan accordingly.
6. Monitor your pet’s health: Traveling can be stressful for pets, and they may be at increased risk of illness or injury. Make sure you monitor your pet’s health closely during and after your journey, and seek veterinary care if necessary. Speak to us early to discuss any health concerns you may have for the journey abroad.
International travel with a pet requires careful planning and preparation. Our team will work with you to ensure a safe and successful journey for you and your furry friend. Call us at 8203 4390 to make an appointment today.